Thursday, May 21, 2009

birth of a business

photo courtesy of Jyn Meyer

I have spent countless hours dreaming of all the possibilities I can be and do. I have thought of owning my own business since my daughter was born deep into the wee hours of the night, many, many, nights. I have fantasized about shopping for supplies and what the ideal art studio would look like. I have pictured myself in my Jack Purcells (no socks, of course), a white t-shirt, overalls covered in paint, and a apron (with my logo) welcoming students and parents to the classes. I have considered who I would market to and what products I would sell and it all comes back to ART. I LOVE ART. I want to do art, I want to teach art, and I want to sell art. I want others to love art too! I would love nothing more than to have kids walk happily away from a lesson I just taught with large smiles and a large sense of pride.

So here it is, the beginning of something bigger than me, the gestation of this idea is long overdue (like my daughter was), I am using this opportunity (with the blog) to create an idea that is moving from just a voice in my head to something real. I am just really, really glad I don't really have to do that labor thing again just only figuratively speaking.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! I'm excited for you(and my children)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon! This is so cool. Amelia wants to take a couple classes. I will talk to you on Saturday! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin